ICY PROFITS

THE WORLD OF ITALIAN ICE VENDORS

Forums

Forum Home > General Operating Issues > Summer review: Hit or Miss?

Mita's Italian Ice

Hi all, The forum has been quote for some time (I miss you all!) and was wondering how everyone's summer went.

We had some horrible weather in parts of the country. Did this effect your business?

Did you do anything different this year that was a hit or a miss?

For us, the weather was exceptionally hot. That can usually be a good thing, but our area is not used to run ons of 90 -100 degree temps. Sometimes I think it kept people inside on event days. Fortunately, we have been filling our calendar with private hires, so the weather did seem to encourage those kinds of sales. 

--

Mita's Italian Ice

www.MitasItalianIce.com

Real Food, Real Fruit, Real Creamy

503-475-6695

September 14, 2017 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iceman

We did ok this year and our summer was cooler and rainier than normal.  We were up about 10% in sales for the italian ice with fewer events.  One thing we did at the end of the year was selling water.  shuld have been doing this all along.

--
October 10, 2017 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rok

Hi Mia, I miss eveyone too! I did less event's this year. It rained sooooo much here in FL but my sales were good when I did work my Italian Ice. More than last year :) I sell water as well & that's always a great addition. I have a few things planed for next season, like focusing on more Birthday parties etc. Gonna add some special things specifically for psrties & I can't wait. 

October 11, 2017 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SummerSnow2Go

Hey everybody, I tried a couple of new things this year. One thing was I rented a spot to park my trailer for a few months during the summer(may-aug.) We was busy from May through July 4th week and it stared to slow down, not sure why??? I also started doing fresh squeezed lemonade at most of my events along with my Italian ice and the lemonade has been a huge hit if you don't sell lemonade you might want to look into it real hard. Its profit margin is unbelievable and almost everyone loves lemonade. At some events I have sold as much or more lemonade as I have ice. Going to try to open up earlier this next year at my permanent spot,maybe around march or April. Hope for a great season next year,

October 18, 2017 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mita's Italian Ice

Snow,

We have found the same drop of when doing markets I think it's a by-product of economy and social behaviour. July seems to be when a larger perportions of people take vacation trips and August they start paying for Back to School items. Not a scientific study, just my opinion.

Rok:

We try to have water available. Good margins, and compliments the ice. 

--

Mita's Italian Ice

www.MitasItalianIce.com

Real Food, Real Fruit, Real Creamy

503-475-6695

October 29, 2017 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lilly
Site Owner

While I can't anwer to this year, I agree with that midsummer slump. Happened to me too every year.  Picked back up again in last Aug-September.  For east coast, those mid months are when everyone leaves for "the shore". 

Water... always had folks asking if we sold it.  Should have...

And if we need to open a frozen lemonade forum, let me know!

--

November 12, 2017 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.